Thursday 22 May 2014

Car Makers, stop making "sporty" and "aggressive" vehicle

After my presentation yesterday afternoon and received some critics from my tutor about whether I should make my Camper van that "Sporty", i go back to my working space and look for some sources and history to see why this two words existed in almost every car nowadays.

In order to show how this trend changed, I'll use the vw golf, toyota corolla and ford mustang as the representative vehicle.

Back in late 80's-90's, the majority of design of a vehicle looked quite boxy on those days as if all of the car are made of rulers and LEGOs.
As i mentioned before, these cars belongs to the time of "edgy"(my own term used to describe these boxy cars).

Then to the mid 90s to mid 00s, car are dramatically became round and smooth, every edges was almost like completely removed. However, it seems to be a bit bulky and lack of dynamic.



In the 2014, it seems to be that all of the car makers are emphrasizing the word "dynamic" as if most of the car have the aggressive front face, strong side sculpting and overall a very sporty looking.  However, being "dynamic" and "sporty" isn't a problem, but if all of the cars heading the same way, the meaning of creating a truely good looking car will be lost as all they need is just a sports car in different categories of vehicle.


 So, to auto makers, BE CREATIVE and bring me back interesting car PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Showcase

...

Blogroll